One of the most popular and diverse home improvement loans is the FHA 203k. You can make home improvements to the house you want, or the home you already own. Use the funds for simple upgrades to your home like a kitchen or bath improvement, or to completely reconstruct a home that is presently unlivable. You can even use a 203k Rehabilitation Loan to tear down an existing structure and build a new one using some portion of the existing foundation. You can borrow up to 96.5% of the appraised value – based on the value when the improvements or repairs are completed.
With the FHA 203k you can:
- Replace a roof
- Re-side the home
- Re-paint inside and outside of the house
- Replace appliances
- Put in new flooring
- Build or replace a deck/patio/porch
- Replace windows
- Remodel the kitchen
- Repair or replace the septic system
The HomeStyle Renovation Mortgage enables a borrower to obtain a purchase mortgage or a limited cash-out refinance mortgage and receive funds to cover the costs of repairs, remodeling, renovations or energy efficient improvements to the property.
With as little as a 5% down payment you can add your taste & style to a house to make it your home with remodelling projects like a new kitchen, bathroom, room addition or energy efficient upgrades. HomeStyle Renovation allows you to buy a home and fix it up, or refinance and remodel your current home.
- Purchase or refinance & remodel
- 5% minimum down payment for primary, single-family residences (10% for second homes)
- You can use gift funds for down payment & closing costs for owner occupied, primary residences after you contribute a minimum 3% down payment
- 3% seller contribution allowed
- Allowable improvements can include landscaping, appliances, remodel swimming pools and more
- Cosmetic and structural renovations allowed